Monday, May 9, 2011

Excelsior Middle School: Inside the ART ROOM...


Greetings from the new art teacher!


Hello parents, family members and guardians of the eighth grade class! I am excited to introduce myself as the new art teacher at Excelsior Middle School. I will be taking Meg Hill’s place—she will be greatly missed. Having witnessed the positive rapport she has established at Excelsior, I realize I have some large shoes to fill.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little about me. I recently graduated from the University of Iowa with a B.A. in English, Art Education, a B.F.A. in photography and a minor in English Education. I received a wonderful education at the University of Iowa, and feel prepared and anxious to begin a teaching career.

Some of you may already know I began teaching your child last week. I am pleased to have met such a wonderful group of eighth graders. I understand this is a different situation (beginning mid-quarter) and changes can be difficult for students to grasp. I assure you, as a mentor, I will be happy to send my assistance and guidance. The art room will continue to be a place of creativity, a room where students find comfort in expressing their thoughts and emotions. I intend to help students be aware of the influence art has on society, and give students the tools to find themselves, or at least, begin the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment